Why should you apply?
Contrastive corpus linguistics is a growing discipline partly due to the multitude of translated texts now available. The demand for interdisciplinary skills in languages and computers is increasing, which creates many job opportunities (see Job Centre from the Institute of Computational Linguistics).
- Contrastive studies across languages and varieties
- Alignment and annotation of parallel corpora
- Machine translation
- Cross-language information retrieval
- Language technology for translation science
- Multilingual databases
- Multilingual access to the media
Teaching and learning methods and goals
- Courses supported by e-learning tools
- Hands-on experience
- Participation in research projects
- International workshops and summer schools
- Small-group learning
- Training in presentation and writing skills
For questions, please contact directly our advisory service.